Embrace yoga with the wisdom of experience and the enthusiasm of youth, move more stress less. The best time to do something about healthy ageing was yesterday, the second best time to start is NOW!
Ever curious about how the body fuels and sustains health, energy and movement Joanna has made it her mission to specialise in midlife + movement, caring deeply about helping health conscious committed 50+ somethings move more and stress less.
What flows in her classes is the breath: helping it lead you safely to the version of the pose that suits your personal anatomy and body’s history. The only effort is in remaining non competitive and self attentive.
I offer a range of sessions held remotely live on zoom plus a private facebook group – SitandStill – with live meditation tuition out in nature. Enrolment is per household during national lockdown. Class recordings for home practice are available.
Learning to move differently to keep in shape is most effective when practiced together in a community. Local sessions will therefore return to private & community spaces and students further afield will continue to be served and connect via zoom.
Adhering carefully to Covid safety protocols, subject to prevailing restrictions, will remain the priority. For a copy of the measures we are taking to support each other’s wellbeing when we assemble please go to my website.
Yoga has helped me navigate life’s ups and downs and remained the consistent grounding that serves me well as I contemplate each decade of health. I lost my grandmothers – one, an artist, to cancer after a life of digestive torment, the other at a tragically young age to the misunderstood complications of diabetes. Both endured suffering, macular degeneration and reduced life capacity preventing them enjoy life as fully as they might. If I had know then what I know now I could have made a difference.
I want to make sure I support the generations that preceed mine and influence those that follow. My maxim is “Our health is our sovereign domain, rule it wisely and with self compassion.”
In my yoga classes, we gradually tune in to address the impacts of time, work/ lifestyle and pursuits on how you are ageing to:
- improve /adapt a healthy breathing style, releasing stored tension and upgrading energy levels
- address the hidden culprits of recurring tightness.
- disperse and remediate pains & strains
- become posture savvy avoiding degeneration and maintain
- apply simple tools to handle stress, sleep disruption and negotiate the self-talk.
- enjoy peaceful movement ,confident balance and renewed strength
Professional background in Training & Professional Development. Early Years Music & Movement Specialist,
Yoga Teaching Diploma, Experienced Teacher Status +Yoga Alliance Professionals, Breath Meditation qualified, Yoga Nidra qualified, Reiki I, Pedicure & Aromatherapy certified , Qualifying as a Yoga Wellness Educator for Seniors
I m currently supported by Sport England to provide therapeutic seated yoga for those living with Cancer. I’m also engaged by the Macular Society ‘work well being scheme’ delivering ‘Stretch & Reset’ and will resume my speaking engagements with the WI as restrictions lift.
Previous charitable connections include work with Touch2See, Living Paintings community projects for Sight Impaired and the Elderly.
Prices & booking information
Well-being at work assignments by arrangement.
Public & private teaching:
- Flex & Breathe seated Yoga
- Gentle seated yoga (Cancer champions)
- Stretch & Reset (30 min employee wellbeing)
- Gentle Yoga Momentum – ideal for beginners & rusty returners
- Release & Revive gentle yoga flow – ideal for longstanding students
- Simply Stretch (no relaxation)
- Deep Yoga Relax micro retreat (95 mins)
- Relax & Restore Nightcap (45 mins to be sleep ready)
- SitandStill Natural Breath Meditation
- 6 week &/weekend meditation courses
- Teachers Collectives – sharing the love and knowledge of yoga
To find out which class will suit you best, book a 20 min free personal health & movement appraisal and start your journey today.
Booking is contingent on completion of a health declaration & aspirations form.
See my website for timetables, booking and payment options.